Monday 1 July 2013

Cris

A friend on the course put me in contact with a former TV producer and I have had the oppertunity to talk to her about my work. It was very interesting discussing my ideas with someone outside the course but it did help to bring a few things to light that I had not thought about. I really need to think hard on how I present this animation, I am getting so caught up in how I want to explore this idea of acting and character that I am neglecting to make sure if it is enjoyable to watch. First and formost I want this piece of film to be entertaining and right now my ideas are a bland. Talking with Cris has helped to visualise the project a bit better and I am getting a clearer idea of the final project. I am toying with the idea of making the final film like an episode of creature comforts from Aardman. There won't be any animals but the designs of each character should relate to the way their dialogue is spoken. This is something I thought I could kind of get the actors to take care by getting them to fit into the roll. This has worked but I preferred when they made up their own characters, I felt them give a better performance and I could visualise the type of character that would talk that way.

It is still early days but I fell I have more to think about in terms of presentation and what I want the audience to feel.

Cris well be working with me through this project I I will be hoping to use her to get a better insight on her own experience as a producer

No comments:

Post a Comment